Six Sigma is a structured and disciplined process improvement methodology based on data that focuses on reducing process variation in order to eliminate faulty products or services.
Every fault, any observation that does not meet customer’s specifications implies an associated cost that can result in the loss of customers, the repetition of tasks, the loss of time or the waste of material.
This methodology makes use of data and statistical tools to eliminate faults and achieve processes that run almost perfectly.
Six Sigma also provides a management approach characterized by the need for quantitative and accurate information on the performance of processes and products so the causes of variation can be analyzed.
- Reduces variation and faulty products/services by controling processes
- Increases accuracy and certainty
- Boosts quality
How we achieve it
- Training and advocacy on the methodology and process improvement techniques: Yellow, Green and Black belt; Champion/Sponsor
- Support and guidance for the development of the improvement projects
- Set up of improvement teams and roles
- DMAIC methodology implementation: identify, verify and eliminate root causes.
- Integrating Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing