Used globally by practitioners for the implementation of the MFA, this handbook has been revised with the sustainability of the automotive supply chain in mind, in an effort to harmonise the AIAG and VDA methodologies into a single approach. The new text replaces the previous version (the 4th edition) published by both associations.
The main handbook new features are described as follows:
- Seven-step approach. In this edition, the AIAG is developed on the basis of a 7-step methodology.
- New method. The text introduces a new chapter on Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR).
- RPN (Risk Priority Number) is replaced by the AP (Action Priority) with high, medium and low levels to facilitate the prioritisation of risks for action.
- The format is restructured by including some new columns and reordering others.
- Assessment tables are adapted with new criteria for the evaluation of Severity, Occurrence and Detection.