Value Stream Mapping-VSM
Value Stream Map is an analytical tool that allows companies to obtain a full view of the entire value chain, from the begining of a product/service until it reach the customer. It is a visual tool that displays the three types of flows taking place within the company – materials, information and people – and how they relate to each other.
This tool is applied during the first stages of a Lean transformation project. Its purpose is to detect the sources of waste so that they can be tackled through the design and implementation of action plans.
- Identify sources of waste, non value activities
- Visually displays the creation of value
- Provide a common language and consensus on where, why and when acting to eliminate waste
- Enable the definition of improvement plans
- Deploy the Lean system in an orderly and sustained manner
How we achieve it
- Create of the project team
- Select of the value chain to be analysed
- Staff training on Lean fundamentals and concepts
- Develop the current state map
- Design the future state
- Define improvement and prioritisation plans
We can help you to improve your company’s results
Tell us what you need and we’ll make a tailored-made proposal.