Layout design of industrial facilities
Layout design of the floor space and the equipement location in an industrial facility has a considerable impact on the efficiency ratio and costs.
A plant layout designed according to Lean principles ensures that waste is kept to a minimum from the begining, particularly those related to movements of people and materials , transport and occupied space. WIP and production times are also reduced by aplying an optimized layout.
The design a new layout may be trigger by need to build a new industrial plant due to the company’s growth or becasue it is necessary to extend the current equipment or to reorganise certain areas as a new production line is introduced.
Whether we are dealing with a redesign/expansion of a factory or the creation of a new one, our aim is to conceive a space whose organisation enables continuous flow, operational management and is a pleasant and safe working environment.
- Minimize waste and save costs
- Project the layout according to the present manufacturing needs and its possible evolution
- Ensure door-to-door flow
- Optimise the movement of goods and people with maximum security
How we achieve it
- Project definition: objectives, plan, deliverables and equipment
- Analysis of customer requirements: products, quality, logistics, etc.
- Study of flows and definition of process architecture
- Definition of operational needs. Distribution of machinery and facilities
- New layout design and deliverables
We can help you to improve your company’s results
Tell us what you need and we’ll make a tailored-made proposal.