Kaizen events are a five-days workshops run by a designated team and intended to the quick implementation of a Lean tool in a company’s specific area. The team objectives are to analyse a real process, identify its inefficiencies and propose ideas to improve it, acomplishing as many improvement actions as possible during the workshop. Pending solutions are gathered in a plan for later evaluation and implementation.
Workshops usually take three to five days and involve a small working team made up mainly of line workers, certain middle-level managers and employees from support areas. Active participation of the employees involved in the process is one of the Kaizen event key of success.
- Identify and minimize waste
- Improving quality and safety
- Reducing costs
- Improving productivity
- Developing skills and promoting people’s motivation
- Sustaining continuous improvement due to staff involvement
How we achieve it
- Setting up the Kaizen workshop: define objectives and informing the staff
- Introduce the agenda, rules and principles of conduct during the Kaizen event
- Process analysis
- Develop of proposals for improvement and implementation of actions
- Define the new work standard
- Presentation of implemented and planned improvements
- Monitoring and measurement of indicators
We can help you to improve your company’s results
Tell us what you need and we’ll make a tailored-made proposal.